New Tate Modern Opening Party - June 2016
The New Switch House at Tate Modern has redefined the museum for the twenty first century, creating 10 new floors to place artists and their art at its core. I was contracted to Event Manage the Opening Party - working March - July to plan and execute this historic event.
My Role - Opening Party Event & Production Manager
- Managed the World’s biggest Gallery Opening Party (6,000 VIPS)
- Production managed 2 main stage performances by Mercury Prize Winner, Benjamin Clementine and DJ set by Mary Anne Hobbs
- Production managed a complex install and de install for the week's Opening events: including 80m projection lighting, AV, live streaming and a crew of 25 from the BBC
- Managed a £250,000 budget
- Collaborated with all gallery functions to plan & deliver the highest quality health and safety, visitor experience, security, event hosts, 9 pop up bars, 2 restaurants, 250 catering staff, cleaning, marketing and PR